Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday 2.8.2008 Eww, Nausea....

Day 3, Treatment #2

0405 Sleeping, comfortable, pillow, blankets. Eyes pop open, wide open. Whoa, what's that? Why am I awake? OHHHHH, NAUSEA!!!! Oh my gosh. I'm really nauseated. Breathe. But not like I'm going to throw up. This is so weird. Daniel gets up to the bathroom. On his way out, I ask him to bring me a Compazine, please, I'm extremely nauseated. I have propped myself up against the headboard. I had brought a glass of water and put it on my bedside table, and had been sipping on it, but hadn't done very well. I took the compazine with a bit of water, and continued to sit up. I was radiating dry heat. Wow. This was so different for me. We chatted for maybe 20 minutes or so, I was starting to settle down. Daniel drifted off to sleep. I finally laid back down, put the earphone in and listened to the radio for the next couple of hours.

I turned the radio off about 7, and dozed again. I woke up about 0920, Daniel was up. I was nauseated again, so I took another compazine and laid back down. I went back to sleep and finally got up about 11. Shew. I knew I needed to eat, and managed a half a bagel and soft fried egg and milk. It goes down ok, and stays down, but that underlying nausea is yucky.

I laid down again about 1 and slept til 3, got up and showered. I had another compazine. I fixed some food and ate it, and Daniel offered to drive me to Jackson. Ok..I'll call and have them feed Elaine, and just go down and get her ready for bed.

When we got there, about 6, she was just being fed. I offered to take over, which the staff happily let me. I got mom fed, washed up, and tucked in, and Dan and I headed back home.

I had another compazine about 9, with a couple of tylenol and a bite to eat. Daniel has a sore lower back. My head is "sore"--I don't know how else to describe it. The skin is just tender. And around the hairline to the back of the neck, too. And the nausea. That will go away.

Overall, I'm doing good. I can eat, drink, walk, talk, and take care of myself, slowly. The cancer warriers are at work in my body, and I encourage them to do their job.

Thank you for reading, for helping me keep strong. I'm going to close my eyes again.

2 comments:

  1. KJ.....nothing worse than nausea!! I am happy to hear that the treatment went well, God answers prayers and that is amazing. Just when we think we can't handle another obstacle he wraps his arms around us and lets us know that we aren't alone. I want you to know you are in my prayers and close to my heart..Much love, JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry your not feeling well. I pray this passes fast for you. Won't be on much due to Kaleb being sick up I'm trying to keep caught up with you. Still thinking warm healing thoughts for you. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete