Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday 2.29.2008 Leap Day

Day 3, Treatment #3

Today started ok, I think, I got up but didn't feel all that great. I prepared myself scrambled eggs with broccoli and cheese, thinking I might be able to taste it, and that it would be soft in my mouth. It was, but I didn't really taste it. I ate it anyway.

It felt like a bowling ball in my stomach, eventually digesting and moving on. Anything I swallow seems to sit there. Ok. I found myself dozing on the sofa, and Daniel went off to his golf lesson. I had a moment that I woke up, and decided to shower.

The shower felt really good, and I felt like a human for a moment. I took a Nexium, as Doctor has recommended, for the stomach pain.

I was hungry, and when Dan got back, I asked him if he would mind going to Taco Bell (can you believe that...), as I thought a bean burrito might be smooth, bland, maybe something I could taste, or swallow, or something. He went out and brought that back, along with something for himself.

I ate most of that, and it felt like another bowling ball. I called the nursing home and asked them to feed Elaine, and I went to lay down. I woke up at 6 pm, and way didn't feel that I could go. Daniel came in, and he agreed to take me tomorrow night if I was able to go. I called the home back and asked them to put Elaine to bed. Sorry, Mom, I just can't get there tonight.

I rolled over and went back to sleep until 7, then drug myself out to the living room and pretended to be awake on the sofa. Geesh. This feels horrible. I'm hot, and cold, and achy, and ?nauseated, and can't stay awake, and waves of stomach pain, where sometimes it's ok, but mostly it isn't. I have managed, throughout the day, to drink 24 ounces of water, though, and I have stayed awake to make this entry.

I'm going to refill my water, change into pj's, and go to bed.

Thanks for reading. I hope to feel to better soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy,

    We're sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. We'll pray that you feel better after another night's sleep.

    Keep that rainbow in front of you and draw on the strength we are sending to you.

    Love,
    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ, I hope that this passes soon and that you are feeling better...you have been on my mind alot lately and I just want you to know that I am grateful for you being in my life...much love and prayers for you right now....JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sunshine!

    I was hoping and praying you wouldn't have all of those "unpleasant" side effects, but guess our bodies don't like to be "poisoned". It appears they are trying their best to prevent them with all of the meds.

    Glad you had those good moments with my sister. Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

    Remember when I used to sing to you up at the cottage, We're all in our places, with sunshiney faces.....etc.

    Hope that got a smile!

    Love and hugs,

    Aunt Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy,
    I'm so sorry that you are not feeling too well after this third treatment. I am praying that this passes SOON! I hope you can get lots of rest this weekend. When do yo have to work next?
    I was on the edge of my seat reading about your visit with Aunt Elaine. I'm so glad that you had that precious time with her. It brought a tear to my eye. She sure does know when you are there, doesn't she? I was so happy to hear that she smiled at you. Way cool!
    Know that God loves you both so very, very much and so do I my dear cuz. So do I.
    Peace, love and warm hugs.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete