Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday 1.15.2008

The Day Before

I worked today, the roads were mostly yucky with a light coat of compacted snow in the main tire tracks. Driving required the majority of my attention, and both hands on the wheel. Do you mostly drive on the freeway with one hand? I found myself dropping one hand off, then putting it right back on the steering wheel. I got there, parked, and the shuttle arrived to take us over. So far, so good.

We had a good group today, and 2 orientees. And 3 students in the morning. Then we had a flurry in the afternoon, and got sorta busy. My new person, Christin, did a good job, as did Kris' new person, Sheryl. Welcome.

Of course I went to the nursing home, they had a couple of call-ins, so they were each working with a long list of residents to care for and put to bed. It saddens me that we Americans don't care for our elders any better than this. Mom and I, we do the best we can.

I came home on cold, dry roads and putzed around the house, Daniel called to say they'd landed and that he would be home soon, and wrote here.

I feel good (as I can) about going tomorrow. About mid-afternoon I decided that there were lots of people praying for me, and that the hotline was lit up. I visualized it as a colorful ribbonlike path or tether from me to God, and the prayers were keeping it strong and colorful. I choose to trust that my "hotline" will remain bright and safe, and that the infusion will go well, and I will stay on track, and that if I wobble a little, my caregivers will steady me, take good care of me, and keep me safe. That said, Thank you so much for your hugs of sincerety, care, and concern, the encouraging words, and your friendship. If I have an opportunity I will write before I go, and depending on how I feel tomorrow afternoon/evening, I'll write again.

Much Love and Appreciation, Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,
    You are deep in my thoughts today. Lots of love from my heart to you and Dan. All will go great for you.
    -B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath,
    You are wrapped in love and hugs. You are in our thoughts and prayers especially today. We love you.

    Kathy Sue & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,

    Good luck today. I have been saying little prayers for you every since we talked at the home.

    You are going to do great, because you have got such a great spirit, attitude, and personality that will pull you through every day.

    Kay

    P.S. The second day wig pictures I like the first one posted. I think you should, if needed, do what is most comfortable for you.

    Get up put on lipstick, earrings, and go from there.

    Best wishes and will be thinking about you and saying the little prayers through out the days for you and your family.

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy,

    Jim and I have been thinking about you a lot yesterday and today. We pray for you. We know with your strength and God's all will go well in the long run.

    Love,
    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Kath,
    Our arms are around you today, squeezing extra tight. Close your eyes and let our love and strength flow through you, as there is much more love than poison being given to you today. My wish for you is that these drugs are not as hard on you as I've heard they can be, but if they are, we will hold you up until you're on your feet again. Remember that we are here, we love you and if you need us, we're a phone call away.
    Much love,
    Cari

    ReplyDelete