Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday 1.27.2008

Day 12, Treatment#1

Today is a better day. I don't feel quite as tired, though my hand is still a little tingly. Another thing that is happening is that my nose seems to be dripping/running. Just clear stuff, and not all the time, but it feels like the inside of the nose (both right and left nares) is different. I wonder if that is part of the hair-loss thing. I guess I'll have to go look in the mirror and see if I have any nose-hairs...

I have also spoken to some women, and a couple of men, who lost their head hair 14-17 days after their first treatment. Hair loss also happened after the second treatment. I was sent a movie "No Hair Day" that showcased 3 women with breast cancer who had met in a support group. This movie video-d their photo shoot at a professional studio to capture "their moment in time". Dan and I watched it today, it was very empowering to see 3 bald women. It was interesting to hear that each of them pulled on their hair every day to see if it was coming out. I was nodding my head and smiling, and Dan looked at me. I pulled my hair to check it, and we started laughing. Still in.

I was restless today, and decided to try running outside. I just don't like treadmills, and exercising indoors is, shall we say, stale? It's 32 degrees today, the roads should be ok. So I bundle up and go out. I took my cell phone to call Dan if I got into trouble.

It was interesting, in that I had intermittent issues. Like, my head. I wasn't going fast, at all, just a slow jog. You probably could have walked and kept up. But every so often I would look up to the distance, and whoa, that's not good. So I kept my visual focus down on the road, maybe 3 feet in front of me. My stomach hurts occasionally, and that happened, too. Not nausea, really, just kind of hurts. And the bones in my upper legs hurt on and off. Not anything I needed to stop for. Overall, it felt good to get circulation around, breathe, and sweat. When I came in, my legs ached for a bit, but they have been anyway, so no big deal. Yeah!! I Did It!!!

I showered, ate, and went to Jackson. Fed Mom and tucked her into bed, then came home. I still feel pretty good, and I think I'm going to be able to get to bed before 11:30 tonight. Monday and Tuesday are work days, Wednesday off, Thursday afternoon meeting, Friday work. Ok, off to bed.

Thank you all for reading, for going along on this journey, for weaving your colors.

1 comment:

  1. My first attempt at leaving a comment! Since I just talked to you on the phone, I really don't have anything pertinent to say. Just hope your becomes more comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete