Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday 1.13.2008

Today dawned with cloud cover, but as the morning turned to noon, there was a break and actually sunshine for a couple of hours! (Well, I didn't actually see dawn this morning...) After breakfasting and putzing around, I went out for a run in the sun. It was actually pleasant--I didn't wear a hat or gloves, though I did pull my hands into my sleeves. Came in, turned on the football game, showered, got ready to go to Jackson, watched the San Diego Chargers win, then left to drive in the snow/rain.

Frank came into the nursing home for a short visit, Mom was good (meaning that she was somewhat alert and vocally responsive). I got her fed, washed up and tucked into bed and came home.

Tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday are workdays, Dan comes home Tuesday night, and we go to the first chemotherapy appointment Wednesday morning at 10:00. Yes, I'm anxious, and I think some of my fear is not knowing how this body is going to react to the poison. I am praying for the peace of trust in God and the caregivers who will be working with me. It is beyond expression how important all of you are; how much strength and reassurance I receive from your hug or comment or email or phone call. Thank you to each of you.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,,,
    Thinking of you daily. I'll be there with you Wednesday am,,,just not physically. Big HUGS !

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some EMPOWERING thoughts for you as you prepare...

    You are Beyond Being Blessed!

    “Blessing is often taught in churches as a sort of passive experience--there is a paternalistic God “up there” and “out there” who bestows upon us some kind of externally-based lucky thing of which we are not seen as being worthy. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Blessing is an inner experience which we, at the very least, invite and cultivate, even generate, through our application and exercise of faith--the creative power of our minds.”
    ~Greg Barrette (minister of the Renniassance Unity Church in Warren, MI)

    Today's Affirmation

    I am the blessing that I seek.

    Today's Meditation

    Dear God,

    I no longer look outside myself for my answers.
    The blessing that I have been seeking dwells within me.
    You have empowered me to be the agent of Your blessing in the world.
    I do not expect an outside power to do it for me.
    I decide right here and now that Your higher power is flowing through me, healing every condition in my world and moving out and beyond into Your universe.
    I am the blessing that I have been seeking, and I am so very grateful.

    Amen

    YOU GO GUURRRLLLL!
    XOXOXOX ~ K.

    ReplyDelete