Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday 1.19.2008

Day 4, Treatment #1

I slept a lot better last night, and dozed for quite a while this morning. I was very surprised when Daniel got up--it was almost 10:30! I checked myself--yeah, still a little achy, ow, my scalp hurts. I pulled a few strands of hair. Boy, that's really tender. But nothing came out. Yet. My scalp hurts like when you have a ponytail in too tight or too long. Ok, good. Not nauseated, though my mouth is a little sore. The biggest annoyance is my face. It feels like sinus pressure around my eyes, forehead, cheeks. Yo, that's really uncomfortable.

I get up, hm, moving a bit slow. Yeah, but still moving. I wash my hands and face, brush my teeth. The inside of my lips are peeling, or shedding a thin layer of skin. I'm hungry, and I'm thinking of something soft and warm. So I make some Malt O Meal. That did pretty good, but I had to eat slow. When it got in my mouth my tummy said, what?? I did ok, just had to eat slow.

We didn't do a lot today. I found myself tipped over on the sofa with my eyes closed. I asked Dan if I should be doing something--he said yes, I needed to be resting. Ok, then, I think I can do that. I took a couple of extra strength tylenol to see if that might help the general aches in the big joints and inside the big bones. My shoulder aches, too. The tylenol did help, some, though not as much as I had hoped. I've been trying to drink water, and it tastes like mud. Kind of like when you burn your tongue and you can't taste anything, but there's an acrid taste, too.

About 3 pm I rummaged around for a bite to eat. I found a pannini in the freezer. You know, a microwave sandwich. I was a bit reserved as to how that was going to be in my mouth, but I decided that if I couldn't eat it, I wouldn't. My mouth isn't that bad. The first bite felt sharp, almost abrasive, but after a few chews it was ok. When I finished the sandwich there were small pieces of tissue shreds on the inside of my mouth.

I went to Jackson, got mom fed, washed up, and tucked into bed, and headed home. I'm hungry again. I cooked some cauliflower, and had some baked chicken. That was pretty easy on my mouth.

So today's wrap up. Mouth and scalp sore, body ache, still hungry and able to eat. Tired. Daniel is fantastic. So are you. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I've been thinking of you all the time hoping and praying your doing well. I'm sorry your mouth is sore, I don't handle mouth sores well so I'm hoping that it doesn't last for you. Glad to hear you can still eat and tolerate most things. Do you still plan on working?

    ReplyDelete