Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday 1.14.2008

It was a good day today. I worked, and got there safely on roads that were starting to get slippery. It was a light, fine snow that wasn't causing trouble near Holt, but about halfway to Jackson there was a car off the road, northbound. Then another, and another one off of the "on ramp" in Jackson! The temperature/conditions there must have been just right to cause problems...

We had a good day at work. Kind of busy, but not overwhelming. I left there and went to the nursing home, where mom was sound asleep in the recliner. It took several minutes to wake her, and I wonder now if she was "possum sleeping" for a few minutes. You know, awake but pretending to be asleep. I told her I had some water to sip on, and held the cup to her mouth, and she drank! She sure looked asleep... Anyway, I got her washed up and ready for bed and tucked in and headed home.

Now the snow was still the fine stuff, and of course the roads had not been salted. Probably because of budget cuts blah blah. The roads required a little more attention than talking on the cell phone, looking for that CD, aw heck, just change the radio, and don't I have a snack in here somewhere..>? And other drivers were zooming along like it was dry pavement. I didn't see them off the road anywhere, but I wasn't about to take that risk.

Got home, tidied the kitchen, did a couple loads of laundry, and wrote here. Time for bed, to get up at 0410. Eewww.

Again, thank you for reading. And commenting. And the hugs, and all the kind words, all the support you offer. I'm feeling pretty good about Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday.

    Thinking of you and I have been in prayer for you.

    Love, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete