Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday 12.18.2007

Worked again today with a great team. We were kind of busy, and the day went well. This morning in the locker room, we were talking about my healing process, and I mentioned that my ace wrap wasn't quite right. MaryLynne, a wonderful friend from labor and delivery, offered to re-wrap me if we could get together sometime. She came over at some point, maybe early afternoon, I don't remember when, and got me recompressed. The armpit felt much better, and the breast did, too. It does seem to make the shoulder joint feel more "full", or something. It doesn't really hurt, just uncomfortable, but overall, wrapped feels better than unwrapped.

After clocking out, I went in the locker room to change clothes before going over to the nursing home. MaryLynne was there again, and she adjusted the wrap a little. When we did, I was looking at the nipple--it had a whiteish almost waxy creamy substance at the base or in the crease of the nipple on the areola. I was able to remove it just by going over it lightly with my finger, but boy is that areola/nipple tender.

Anxiety crept in several times throughout the day--tomorrow at 3:00 pm is our consultation meeting with Dr. Amy Bolmer, the medication oncologist. We will be discussing The Treatment Plan for chemotherapy. Thursday is the consultation meeting with Dr. David DeBiose, the radiation oncologist. Yes, I'm anxious. Breathe.

I got over to Elaine's, got her washed up and tucked in, and headed home. Dan and I visited a bit, he went to bed, I wrote the blog, and I'm off to bed, too.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm anxious, I'm praying, and I'm scared. It is almost 3 and I'm sure your at the doctors now but I hope you remember as your sitting there that God is good and you have lots of people loving you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Kathy, You've been in my thoughts all day and you're in my heart every day. Remember when you're feeling scared and anxious and not quite as strong as you'd like, that we're all here, giving you our strength; and when you forget to "breathe", we're breathing for you too. Love and hugs, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope things went well at the drs today...i'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete