Friday, December 7, 2007

Unwrapped 12.7.2007

I took the ace wrap off this morning... Oh my gosh. Where the layers overlapped on my breast, at the areola, was an indentation. The incision there looked ok. The peri pad over the other incision was soaked this morning, even into the bottom wing. As I look at it, it oozes clear yellow fluid from the center of the wound. My breast is swollen, and it seems that as soon as I removed the ace wrap, that pocket of fluid forward and above the axillary incision filled immediately. Hm. The breast is tender, full, and I massaged that fluid pocket to try to move the fluid. It didn't run, actually, but did form droplets quickly. I got in the shower, as that stuff was dripping down my side. The warm water felt good, and eventually the dent on the areola almost filled out. The areola is real tender/sore, that area between the areola and the incision. Those must be lymph nodes. (so the drawings show) I'm very surprised that the body odor in that left pit seems more "intense"?

I dry off, and it's not long before the fluid is dripping again, so I snap a couple of pics to be able to show you, and have included 3 images at the bottom of this entry.

Whew, that's sore. I choose to put on an "everyday" bra, and lay a maxi pad over the wound. The pad is large enough to tuck into the top of the side band and cup, and I think I'll leave it like this and put heat on it this afternoon. When I'm ready to go to Jackson, Dan can re-wrap the ace. We'll see how this works. I did take a couple of tylenol to take the edge off.

Anna, from Dr. Bolmer's office, called this afternoon, and we see her Wednesday, December 19, at 3:00 pm to discuss chemotherapy. Anna said she will put a packet of info in the mail for us.


Images--3

Image 1


So, there it is. The yellow is still bruising, and you can see some blue dye just above my index finger. Fullness at the axillary incision. and redness, too. The drain site looks good.


Image 2

Ouch, that looks sore.


Image 3


Again, you can see the fullness, both under the arm and in the breast. (My boobs are not that big.)


Thanks for reading. I look forward to your comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Aunt Kathy!
    Glad to hear heavy duty pain meds are no longer necessary! Again, you are amazing! It does look sore, but not as bad as I expected. By the way, you became the great aunt of a 16 year old on Wednesday. Can you believe that?! All the kids know about your journey. We've talked about it and they continue to hope you're "better soon". Drew and Chelsea inquire once in a while, and I'm always happy to tell them that you're doing well.
    You are always in our thoughts. Love you, Cari, Doug and all those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Glad to hear that you are doing well. It seems like you are any way. Hope that the "bumps in the road" get smaller and fewer as this journey continues. Love you, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kath! Glad to hear you're feeling better! God is truely on your side!! We have all been blessed through this experience of youre's. In some small way the angels have touched all of us by your sharing of this cancer journey. May GOD bless you and keep you close to him throughout this. Keep up the good work,I know it's not always easy. Just know that I love you and continue to pray for you and Dan. Always in my thoughts!! Love Sue

    ReplyDelete