Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday 12.6.2007

Feel pretty good today. That peri pad under my arm was pretty full this morning, and when I changed it I could see fluid still pretty steady leaking out. I can massage above the incision and forward--there seems to be fluid collecting there--and move it back to drain. That's above the ace wrap, so I don't know if the compression is helping somewhere, or if it's preventing other fluid from moving out. I think I'm going to leave the ace wrap off for a while tomorrow. The compression bothers/aggravates the wound on the breast, and makes my nipples itch. Eww.

My underarm aches, as well as the breast where the tumor was removed, and after a while, like early to mid afternoon, it's time for a couple of tylenol. But that's usually enough to take the edge off. I think I'm pretty lucky, comfort-wise. I've used heat today, too, in the armpit.

I called the Breast Care Center, as I have not heard from Dr. Bolmer's office, the medication oncologist. Char answered the phone, and said that maybe they didn't get the fax, or maybe they are just going to send me a packet in the mail. She said she would check on it, but did not call me back today.

Overall, a good day. Thanks for all your thought, prayers, comments, and emails. I am truly blessed to have each of you in my world.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you well today. Thanks again for TK to serenade me into the holidays.
    Here's your thought for the day:

    "Tomorrow is happiness that hasn't happened yet".

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete