Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday 12.9.2007

Another great day. I have to own, though, that yes, the front of my thighs are a bit sore. Tom says, Yeah, you've been laying around for a couple of weeks. I suppose so. I wasn't expecting those muscles to complain. But I have been not doing a lot. They'll feel better before long.

The peri pad under my arm was full again this morning. Dan helped me straighten/unbunch the ace wrap. That left breast is sure tender around the nipple. Kinda aches. Our day was pretty much uneventful. He did his golf stuff, football was on the tv, I did some correspondence, prepared food for us, then headed down to Jackson. Mom was good, and while I was there, Frank called and invited me to dinner. Ok. See you at Olive Garden when I'm done here. His friend Chris joined us, too.

We had a pleasant dinner, and I headed home. A very fine, freezing drizzle. Enough to keep the defroster on, and the wipers intermittent. The roads seemed ok, and I got home fine. I checked that peripad under my arm--it's full again, so I changed it. My breast is really full, underneath. And seems to be more tender. We looked at it and decided that a phone call to Dr. Sanchez' office would be harmless, answer questions, maybe reassure me that it's all part of the process. Two and a half tylenol and I'm off to bed.

Thanks for reading, and commenting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I've been following your journey and praying for you. It sounds like your in good spirits and trusting the Lord. I keep telling people that, "He is in charge anyway, we're just along for the ride".
    I was reading the part where you were saying that your nipple was really sore. I had a lumpectomy/biopsy about 3 weeks ago. Thankfully it was benign. Anyway, I was having the same soreness and when I talked to Dr. Prough he said that it's just a matter of time and healing. I have taken to wearing a 4X4 cover sponge inside my bra and that seems to help.
    Good luck and keep your spirits up. Your an amazing person and just reading your blogs has helped me through a scary time.
    Carolynn Wayman

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kathy,,,
    Never forget that you are not alone. God is with you, helping and guiding. He is the companion who never fails, the friend whose love comforts and strengthens. Have faith and He will do everything for you.

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathy,
    I know you are brave. I know you trust God. I know you are an over-comer. But it still makes me cry when I read your blog because I don't want you to have to go through all this. I have other friends who are going through it, too, and I think "Why? Why?"
    It's been days since I've had time to check email or your blog because I am so busy doing all the things that are so important when one isn't going through what you are going through but would not be important at all if I was: Work, Christmas Shopping, Christmas cards, Christmas concerts, Christmas this and that. Not that Christmas isn't important. But all the stuff.......
    This came in an email from Tina Dullock. Perhaps you've seen it:

    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. In happy moments praise Him, In difficult moments, seek Him, In quiet moments worship Him, In painful moments trust Him and every moment, thank Him.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete