Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow Day 12.16.2007

Wow--we woke up to about a foot of snow, and still snowing. It's really beautiful. The landscape company is plowing, but not everyone can get out yet. It looks like we could if needed.

My shoulder is sore. I sit with the heating pad for a while to start with, then after a while I have a look at what's there. After I take the ace wraps off, I see that the redness is better at both incisions, and the shadows on the breast are somewhat better. The breast is still full, about the same as yesterday. Above the underarm incision is still full. When I hold my arm straight out to my side, it just looks full, but if I even put my hand on my hip it forms a bulge there. It also forms a fold that bothers me; I think I wrote that yesterday. I also notice that there is still fullness at the bottom of my ribcage, at the back and side, that's probably lymph fluid. It looks funny, but I'd rather have it there than down my arm and hand, as the handouts and brochures show. Daniel comes in and looks, too; he places his hand over the fullness, which is somewhat larger than his hand covers.

He helps me with the ace wraps. He's really quite good at it, and respects my comfort and what works better. After we're done and taped, my breast and underarm feel much better. And I remember that I wanted to try a picture of the underarm fold, and maybe the rib fullness, too. Sorry. I'll try for new photos another day.

We had breakfast, did some other household chores. It was on my list to go over to the storage unit and get the Christmas stuff. Dan went out and started the van, swept it off, and I went over to pick up the boxes I wanted to bring over. Well, I passed a pickup that had spun out and gotten stuck on the side of the road, and the storage facility was drifted in, at least 3 foot drifts, not plowed, (obviously), and I wasn't going to wade in there and get wet up to my thighs. Back home. I caught the plow guy out front of our building and asked him to plow the parking pad next to the outer garage where the huge snowdrift is. I had to walk over there and show him where it is--it's a new company--but he did, and did a fine job. I put the van back in it's parking place.

By then, football was on, and we watched the game. I took a couple of tylenol for general shoulder and breast discomfort, and ended up napping through the third quarter. I prepared food, and we ate, then it was time to go to Jackson.

The roads were fair, I got there without an incident for me, but someone had gone off the road on the right, down the ditch, flew up in the air, over the fence, and landed upside down. There was a police officer stopped with the lights on, up on the highway, but no other vehicles, and no footprints, so maybe it had just happened?? I sent a prayer with angels.

I fed mom and tucked her in, and came back home. The roads were better, as it had quit snowing about 3pm. We watched more football, then time for bed. I'm still a bit uncomfortable, but hopefully I'll be able to sleep through it.

Monday and Tuesday are workdays, then Medication Oncology, Dr. Bolmer, on Wednesday, and Radiation Oncology, Dr. DeBiosi, on Thursday.

Thanks for reading....

3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it to Jackson and back without problem. We went no where yesterday except we all went out while daddy dug the cars out and the boys and I played in the snow ;).

    What are the next steps in this. Do you need medication or is the cancer gone? I know you stated that you will be seeing the Doctors in the next few days so I'll continue praying for you. God is good and he will continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bunny,,,just a note to say HI,,,wishing you well. If you need help with Mom at any time, please let me know. I'd be glad to help out. TK can serenade me there and back. Thank goodness for daydreams !

    Peace and peas, Holiday Hugs,,

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Kathy! Glad to hear you made it through our little blizzard ok. I hope your discomfort lessons everyday! If you need anything once the meds and radiation start, please let me know. In the mornings I have no kids and in the p.m. just Heaven and I would be happy to help. Love you, Cari

    ReplyDelete