Sunday, December 23, 2007

Saturday 12.22.2007

I got up this morning and started my day--thank you Lord for this gift of life, let me get through this day with a positive attitude and reflection of Your love.

I put the cherry pie together and put that in the oven, then go to shower. Daniel goes out to run some errands, and comes back in a short time later.

After I showered, I called out to Daniel--Come here, please, it's time for breast inspection :)

I stand in front of the full length mirror and put my arm up over my head and look, turning front to side, then front, then side.... Hm. The breast itself is much softer today, and looks to be reducing in size. Hm. Could be a challenge later, though, as I see that the right breast, the unaltered one, is looking a little, shall we say, aged?? when compared to the left. The affected side is blinking straight ahead and off to the left, while the unaffected side is looking just a little more downward, like maybe instead of at the chest, at the bellybutton. The underside of the surgical breast is still firm and full, but not as much as yesterday. Hmm. And the medial side, or side towards the middle, is softer, almost normal. WooHoo! Still quite firm at the top of the areola, though, where the incision is, and directly under the incision, or the inside of the breast, the tissue is still firm and tender where the tumor was removed. And the nipple is really tender. The areola is finally regaining some color, though the area where the dye was injected is still somewhat blanched and discolored. And tender. BUT--overall--better. Breathe.

The armpit incision is still an indent in the puffy underarm, although it doesn't appear to be as full, either. I picked at the incision--to the back end was a crusty thing that you know I just had to get off. I wondered if it would drain anything, and I pressed around it, but nothing happened. Oh well. It's not as full, so what's happening to the fluid?? I look some more, Dan presses around to the ribs around the back. It's here, he says. And we giggle at the jiggle in my left (butt)cheek. Overall, better. Praise the Lord it's not going down into my arm and hand.

I put the lights and ornaments on the Christmas tree, Dan puts the lights on the balcony railing, and we wrap gifts. There. Pretty much ready for Christmas. I have a bite to eat, then leave for the afternoon. Hair appointment, nursing home, then I come home, change clothes, freshen up, then off to Flint for the 58th Sander Christmas Sing... Fa la la la la la...

Even though we arrived about 9:00, we were in time to sing several songs. What a beautiful thing, the love and community of this family event. Thanks to Etta Mary and Wayne for their energies and efforts. Of course, lots of conversations and hugs and goodies afterwards, and I appreciate hearing other peoples' experiences with cancers and treatments. We were finally able to weave our way out, and got back home shortly after midnight.

Thanks to all for your love and support, hugs and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment