Saturday, December 1, 2007

Resting 12.1.2007

Saturday. We get out of bed around 0900. I'm hungry again. I wash up and check my breast. Sore. Hm. Suppose it would be. No shadows from bleeding, though. I'll have a couple of tylenol with breakfast.

I have my breakfast--egg, english muffin, watermelon, milk, coffee, water. Dan and I don't do much of anything today. He discovered how to use the fax machine without a land line (we have DSL on a "dummy line"), and activated the blue tooth program on a laptop. That took a couple of hours, downloading, babysitting the computer. He gets a call from a golf buddy and leaves to meet him somewhere. I fix myself some food, and then it's time for me to go to Jackson. I am feeling ok to drive, not taking narcotics, and eager to see my mother.

Mom is awake in the recliner, and I talk to her. She picks her head up and vocalizes something--I tell her I did fine, and she nods her head. I feed her her dinner, get her washed up and to bed. The staff were helpful as they know I've had surgery again. When I left, it was the beginning of a winter storm--I scraped my car of about 1/4 inch of snowy ice balls. It precipitated all the way home, and still is at midnight. I made it home safely going 40 mph and taking an hour for a 40 minute drive.

My underarm is aching and is swollen. I suppose it's that fluid that the drain was collecting. Better under the arm than down the arm and into the hand?? I'll have to review the lymphedema literature I have to see if I might be able to facilitate moving that fluid.

Believe it or not, it's midnight again, and I'm going to go to bed.

Thank you all for your love, support, patience as I rattle through some of my writings, and for reading and commenting. Knowing you are out there has been, and is, still, comforting. Hugs to all.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, great to hear that all is going well on your recovery, YEA,Enjoy reading your detailed writings, maybe you missed your calling as a writer.
    Read ya later LOve,
    -B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathy,,rest easy today,,I'm thinking of you and wishing speedy recovery times.
    Did you see the rainbow I sent to Holt, Michigan???

    HUGS,
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath,

    This is a voice from your past!! Your older but still very young babysitter and roommate. The one that Frank constantly scared by sneaking into my room at 3:00 to inquire when his mom was coming home!! It's me...Kelly. Spoke to Cari yesterday and she filled me in on "what was happening". Thought I would let you know that you are in my prayers and I send good thoughts your way. I am living in Lake Charles, Louisiana where today is sunny and almost 80! You can come down and recover in the sun with me anytime you feel like it. Here is my email address when you feel like chatting. XOXO Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath,

    Sorry, guess it would have helped it I actually wrote the email adress. j5piper99@yahoo.com

    see ya,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your photos,,,if Hugh Hefner gets to see them he may ring you up to be Mrs. January !
    Thinking of you !!

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday morning - just catching up on your blog; thankful that you are feeling pretty good and that you are getting around. It amazes me that you can come home from surgery and do all that stuff, write to us all and drive down to Jackson to put your Mom to bed. You have my admiration. Worked this weekend. It was pretty busy but I managed to close 4 West by 6.p.m. which is good cos they are taking up the carpet and grinding off the glue. The noise, smell and chaos is awful. I suppose next it will be 4S. Whenever people get a minute at work, I see them reading your blog. you are an inspirations to us all. Love you, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete