Monday, December 31, 2007

Just Veggin' 12.31.2007

I finally had a full sleep, surprised (not really) that I woke up at 8:40. I listened to the radio and dozed off again, and when I looked it was 9:30! And Dan wasn't awake yet, either. I got up, and that stirred him awake. So our day started mid-morning. We putzed around, had breakfast, and I sat on the sofa with my heating pad and computer.

The skies cleared to a beautiful blue, and I'm going to go outside and exercise... right after I look at this web site. Then Jeremy called from Afghanistan, and we had a nice visit. He calls with a headset on his computer, a "voice over internet" call, which is a no-charge thing for him. Or me. Isn't technology great??!! Next thing I know, it's after 2 o'clock, and I have run out of time to go outdoors. And it has gotten cloudy. O well. After working 2 days it's nice to recoup a bit.

Daniel goes out to run errands, comes back with sandwiches, we eat, and I go to Jackson. Mom was sleeping when I got there, and I had to wake her. She doesn't like that too well, and makes noises for a time afterward. The aides come in to get her up, and I let them, instead of offering to help. I feed mom her dinner, sit with her until our turn in the bathroom, then get her ready for bed. They come back to help get off the pot and over to bed, then I tuck her in and leave to come home.

I had a bite to eat, chatted with Daniel, he went off to bed, and I wrote here after looking at wig sites on the web again.

May each of you have a Blessed New Year, with peace and love oozing all around you, to protect you from life's prickleys. The wisdom and strength to deal with challenges, and courage to keep reaching for it when you don't.

Happy New Year, my friends. Thank you all for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kathy, to you and Dan. May the chemo and radiation be less fearsome than we anticipate and may they be fully effective!

    I often read things and think of you:

    "We want lives of simple, predictable ease - smooth, even trails as far as the eye can see - but God likes to go off-road" (Quote from Tony Snow, former White House Press Secretary, when asked what spiritual lessons he'd learned while battling a second bout of colon cancer.)

    Love you, Teresa.

    P.S. I need fervent prayer for Friday (4th). Pray that a "Christmas" with Missy and the kids goes well and that hearts will be softened. I need your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google forgot my name!

    ReplyDelete