Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday December 28, 2007

This morning I went out for a run before the snow started. Or so I thought. A block out and it started flurrying. Ok. Within 5 minutes it was snowing in earnest, and I kept going, as it wasn't really cold or blowing. Just snow.... By the time I got back home, the fleece part of my coat was covered, and I had shaken the snow off of my sleeves several times while I was out. I had my hood pulled up, with a knit cap underneath. The forehead of the cap was covered in snow. I took my coat off outdoors and shook it off, and when I came in my cap dripped as it melted. I felt like the snowman/kid on the Campbell's Soup commercial.

I also noticed when I was out, that my breast didn't seem to be as bothersome, movement-wise. After I showered, I checked it out in the mirror. It does seem to be another little tiny bit of a smidgen smaller, maybe. Still full under the arm, though not as full as it was a couple weeks ago. I'm not real keen on the way that incision looks, though, and will continue to keep an eye on it. The incision on the breast is kind of dimpling. Ideally it will smooth out as the breast heals. It's definitely smaller and different shaped than the other. Does it really matter??--After all, the cancer's gone....

Daniel and Kristen left to take her over to Detroit Metro about 1:30. As soon as they left, I put the sheets in the laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, changed laundry over, had a bite to eat, re-made the bed, then headed to Jackson. The snow had changed to rain south of Mason, and by the time I got to Jackson I had seen 5 vehicles off the road. Mom was quiet, I fed her and got her tucked into bed, then headed back home. It was 35 degrees, roads were wet, and the greatest annoyance was the road spray from other vehicles.

I put together scalloped potatoes and ham, put it in the oven, emptied the dishwasher, had another bite to eat, wrote here, and now it's off to bed. Saturday and Sunday are work days.

Thank you for reading, and commenting. It's great to know you're out there.

4 comments:

  1. sharing my thoughts as I read yours......

    Life just keeps on keepin' on. In the midst of healing, monitoring, caretaking, cleaning & cooking...there is no stopping. Just a transition of sorts me thinks....one would imagine Cancer makes your world stop - but it doesn't. It shifts, the energy re-directs and things like a snowfall and the warmth of the sun take on new meaning. What a great reminder for us all not to take those things for granted.

    Great perspective on the boob-job. Silly, isn't it, how much emphasis we put on them. They really don't define us....the cancer's gone and THAT speaks more loudly than the shape & size of "the girls"!!

    Glad to read that you're running...I've read that your health going into treatment is vital to how well your body responds. Excercis and a "green" diet along with focused visualization of healing cells go hand-in-hand with the meditation/prayer aspect.

    Sending you gobs & gobs of healing energy. (BTW; Ollie's knee is healing beautifully, he swam yesterday and said it felt great! He's taken no drugs other than Motrin and Doc thinks he should still be on target for the IronMan in July. So, this "healing energy" thats being sent from the Oliver house is pretty potent--watch out!)

    XOXOXOX ~ Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear your running! you'll look better naked under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Bunny,,,,Hugh called me today (did I tell you I am your manager now? lol)He wants you for Miss February,,,at least you have one perky one unlike some of us whose breasts rest on our knees. Thinking about you daily and planning on keeping you company in the months ahead.

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! I love the strength, wisdom, and energy you share on your blog. May you continue to heal and may God continue to bless you. Would you be interested in sharing your experience on my site? Melissa

    ReplyDelete