Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday December 21, 2007

I woke today, after having a strange dream about lymph fluid and swelling on the left side of my body and down into my left leg, almost to my foot. And it was discolored, a dark red. I woke with a strange disorientation of "why is my body doing that??" And then the alarm went off to get up to go to work.

We had a fairly good day today, with a flurry of discharges that lasted a couple of hours in the early afternoon, and the ones laboring hadn't delivered yet. So we ended up staffing down, which was ok. I am saturated with the information Dan and I have been presented with the last couple of days, and at times feel like I want to shut down to be able to process it all. I had an opportunity to Google Taxol vs. Taxotere, and looked through a few of the results. What scary drugs. I have yet to look up the cytoxin. The 12 1/2 hour shift wound to a close, and I clocked out, changed my clothes, and headed over to the nursing home.

Mom was in the geri chair waiting for me, and we had to wait our turn for the bathroom. I got her washed up and tucked in and headed home in the misty fog. It looks like we lost a lot of the snow today.

Daniel was waiting for me, we chatted about our day, and plans for the next few days. While he folded a load of laundry, I took the 3 foot artificial tree from the box and shaped the branches. Wa La!!! Tree's up!! We're ready!!

Thank you for reading, I'll write again.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy J,

    We're glad you and Dan have your Christmas tree up and now you're ready. We are ready too and look forward to a good, fun Sunday!

    We'll keep thinking, praying and trying to digest all the information along with you and Dan.

    Love,
    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell.
    ~Lance Armstrong


    Sounds like its time to fight! Suit up, research like crazy, eat well, pick out a kick-ass wig, savor the good days and mark your calendar.

    It brings me comfort to think of all the thousands of women that have journeyed before you and beside you. You are not alone.

    My wish for you is that you're able to stay centered and strong, breathing deeply & keeping your mind focused on only healing thoughts. Feed your faith - and your fears will starve and wither away.

    XOXOXOXO ~ Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with kimberly. i think you should get one hot wig! something really sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis,

    Wow lots of stuff going on. I agree with Kim on the wig thing but I also think that bald is beautiful too, especially on you. After all you are still you and you are beautiful nothing can change that. You are loved.Looking forward to seeing you today and giving you a real hug too.

    Love ya,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete