Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Day 2007

I worked today, 8 hours. We had a good crew, and had a good day. I left there and joined Daniel, his girls, their mates, grandchildren, and my Frank, for a total of 12, at Ponderosa. It's what worked for us--time-wise, and what was open. We hugged, ate, opened gifts, snapped photos, talked and laughed, and it was time to go.

I got over to the nursing home and helped Elaine with her dinner, got her washed up and tucked in, and headed home. My car had very light coat of frozen drizzle, though the ice wiped off of the headlights, and was easily removed from the windshield. I headed out, slowly, and just south of Leslie it had stopped precipitating. Much better driving.

I got home and visited with my wonderful husband, then he went to bed and I didn't. I went to the sofa with the heating pad and the computer. Still sore, and tender on the breast, irritated/annoying under the arm. I have to remember that it's only been 4 weeks. I think that I expect to wake up and be all better. I think I have a big sleep to go through first....

Merry Christmas to all. Keep in mind it's Jesus' birthday, and cause for celebration. Let our hearts be light, and the future of tomorrow be filled with optimism and happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Kathy, Dan and families,,,warm holiday wishes today and always.

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Aunt Kathy and Dan! It was great to see you on Sunday. Aunt Kath, you look terrific! Lots of hugs and love.
    Cari

    ReplyDelete