Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Results 11/14/2007

So today my husband and I go to the Breast Care Center for results of the biopsy. We have to wait, a good 45 minutes beyond our 10:30 appointment time, to get called back to see the surgeon. She finally comes in.

She tells us the results: Breast Cancer.

I have infiltrating ductal carcinoma, grade II, and ductal carcinoma in situ, noncomedo type, nuclear grade II with associated calcifications. The largest area measures 1 cm.

The plan is to do a lumpectomy. That is an outpatient procedure. So for preop, a whole bunch of diagnostics to make sure the stuff hasn't infiltrated anywhere else.

Today I had a chest x ray, and Monday I have a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis, MRI of both breasts, and a bone scan. All are scheduled for the morning half of the day; I am hoping to be able to come home and have a nap before going to the care home to help Mom with her dinner and bedtime.

Yes, we'll have a road to go down. I ask for prayers and for God's peace and grace.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that your blogging your journey-good for you. Journeling is vital to your road ahead, connecting with others & comfortably sharing your experience and getting feedback -even thru cyber-space will absolutely build a divine prayer/support network. I'm in your circle and sending healing light your way. You have always been one of the strongest women I know. Not only are your ducks in a row, but they're suited in pink, rhinestone kevlar vests with fuzzy pink helmets carrying wing-loads of energy! (u can just see them can't ya?!!) I am on a team gearing up to walk the Cancer 3-day in Detroit in September of next year ~ http://08.the3day.org/site/PageServer?pagename=MI_landing
    and now have an even stronger, closer-to-my-heart-reason to walk that support path -- I will plan on seeing you there!

    I'm so sorry that this pothole has been put in your road....something tells me though that the roadcrew is on your side. :)

    ReplyDelete