Monday, November 26, 2007

Punky 11.26.2007

Monday. I got up, it's a great day. Had breakfast, and you know, just felt kind of punky. Hm. I haven't had any pain medicine since yesterday afternoon--I took 2 extra strength tylenol and 600 mg motrin after I got to the Care Home. That didn't really do the trick, but I didn't take anything else during the night. Just kept the ice pack tucked under my arm. So, now, what to do?? Let's see.. don't like the Darvocet, have some Vicodin, have some Tylenol #3. Don't really need a lot of something, just a little boost. I decided to try 2 tylenol extra strength and 1/2 tab of a tylenol 3. I know, it's not much, but maybe it will be enough. I emptied the drain of approximately 20 ml of serous fluid, light tan with a few blood cells.

I called over to Dr. Sanchez' office as instructed to make my appointment for Wednesday. Amy says she doesn't see patients on Wednesday. I tell her I had surgery on Friday, and Dr. was specific that I call for an appointment for Wednesday. Kim comes on the phone and listens to me. "I don't see you on the surgery schedule for Friday", she says, and I explain that Dr postponed the surgery from Wednesday. Oh, yeah, she says, I remember your name. Ok, she says, Dr has surgery all day today. Let me take your number, I'll get a message to her and I'll call you when she knows what she wants to do. ok.

I went up to the loft to lie down on "my" sofa. You know, familiar furniture, been my sofa since 1994. It embraced me. I covered up with the afghan that Mom made for me, and I rested comfortably for about 1/2 hour. The medication was starting to work, maybe I was starting to feel better.

I asked Dan if he would drive me around, as I didn't feel up to driving. He took me over to the library, and while I was inside, his daughter Breon called, asking if he could come over to the car lot and check out a couple of cars she was looking at.

My phone rang, it was Kim from the office. She said Dr. Sanchez did want to see me Wednesday, but no one is at the Breast Care Center this week, and she thought it would be better to have someone around to help get the drain out, and paperwork, and so on, and since there will be a Physician Assistant at the office on Thursday, Dr wants you to come over first thing Thursday morning. Ok. 9:00 Thursday morning, Dr. Sanchez' office. Drain removal, discuss pathology, treatment options.

We went over to the car lot, and I waited in the car while they did their thing (with my ice pack tucked in place). We went from there over to Meijer, as I was in need of fresh vegetables and some fruit. Dan dropped me at the door and joined me after parking. We picked up the few items we came for and was on our way.

At home, we had our lunch, and I sat on the sofa and dozed again. We had 2 floral deliveries--one from Dan's friends, a pretty oranges and reds arrangement, and the other from Jennifer, Jeremy and Jasmine, a lovely yellows arrangement. It was time to head to Jackson. It had been snowing all afternoon--beautiful, lovely, large snowballs--and was very messy slushy driving. There were 3 cars off the road in the first 10 miles south of Holt. (I took myself down, I was feeling somewhat better) I took my time and arrived safely.

Got Mom fed and put to bed, came home, had a bite, and watched Monday night football. Emptied the drain again of another 20 ml tan serous fluid.

That's that. Thursday morning, 0900, Dr. Sanchez.

1 comment:

  1. The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.

    ~Larry Dossey

    You are surrounded by love so your healing should be super-duper fast!!
    Sending you gentle hugs ~
    Love, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete