Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15, 2007, The Day After

So we've been diagnosed now for 24 hours, and what a whirlwind of activity. Yesterday I had a chest x-ray done for pre op, and today Daniel picked up the contrast for the tests to be done Monday. We are both quiet and contemplative, wondering what the future is going to be.



My breast kind of aches today--not the soreness from the biopsy, but an ache, maybe like menstrual cramps. And it feels more swollen, like the bra cup is a size too small.



Kathy, the person who has been scheduling all of this for me, called with surgery time. 2:00 Wednesday, November 21. I ask a couple of questions, like will the surgeon use staples or subcutaneous sutures?? She makes the comment that us health care people are all alike. She flags the chart for no skin clips.

I went to the nursing home and fed Mom, who was more awake tonight. The staff at the home have listened to my discomforts, a few knew I had a biopsy, and are asking what the results are. I tell them, and then offer them to see the lump, and touch it too, as we don't know many others during this part of a cancer process. And we are all supposed to do self breast exams, so how do you know what the change is?? For me, I sensed there was something different, and as others look, then touch, they are able to tell right away where the tumor is. (That's kinda creepy--is that a bad thing--being able to see it so readily???)

I've had lots of phone calls and email responses to the initial email. Thank you all sooooo very much. Daniel's family is calling, too, and I thank all of his people too. It sure helps to know that we're not alone.

Please be sure to leave a comment if you'd like, and read other comments. I see that the comment selector thing is not real easy to see. Maybe I'll be able to reset it or something.......

1 comment:

  1. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
    Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
    But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
    Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
    ~Dr. Seuss

    As you have taken the time and energy to blog, so will I. We're out here........sending you light.
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete